Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Body assembly and neck blanks making

Body assembly made a lot of progresses. Sold linings and a beveled armrest are installed. I have been using special attachments for clamping the beveled armrest. After I invented this method, I am able to glue seamlessly for the very herd part for gluing. Neck blanks are also made for both nylon and SSJ models. Neck for the SSJ has Ebony and two Spanish ceder sandwich contraction. Although not showing, nylon model does not have Ebony center section, because the Ebony makes heavy neck for the nylon model. For the steel strings models, center section has a 1/4" channel for the truss rod. Therefore, Ebony center section does not increase weight significantly. Center Ebony is mostly for making a cosmetic differentiation. This time, both models have slotted head design. I re-designed new head shape. I completely re-designed the bracing pattern for the nylon model. SSJ 6-stribngs model is also first time built. So, I completely rewed the guitar design for both models.




No comments:

Post a Comment