Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Final coat apply

     I finished final coat spraying. We have a heat wave this weekend, and the highest temperature is around 90 degree-F. I started spraying session early morning to avoid high temperature issue. I was able to spray quite nicely. I have been using a water based acrylic lacquer from Target coatings. I had very good results from previous Target products. This time, they discontinued the previous version, and upgraded a new version. This time, I used Emtech 7000. I sprayed with my HVLP spray with a 1.4mm spray tip, and 40-psi air pressure. This setting makes best spraying control for me. I also made an armrest for the nylon model. The armrest is made from a Maple. I black died the armrest.
     I will take approximately 7-9 days to get complete cure for final sanding and polishing sessions. White waiting the curing, I make bridges and bone nut and saddle.








No comments:

Post a Comment