Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, September 9, 2012

MD final sanding is done

Final sanding for the MD is done. MD is ready for the finishing work, Capatian top looks pretty nice, and King wood back and sides are also pretty good. King wood is a tricky material for the finishing work, because this material has quite strong reddish stain that easily contaminate brighter color materials such as top and Black-white border. I have been using Epoxy filler, and the Epoxy filler is able to prevent the contamination issue. However, when I apply Epoxy filler, I need an extreme care. It seems like the King wood has fairly small pores, and one Epoxy filling session might be able to fill the pores completely. I will have a final sanding session for the Nylon model next week, and then I will start finishing work for both models.


No comments:

Post a Comment