Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Monday, September 3, 2012

Neck making 8

     I changed heal shape design for the MD model. First photo is for last week's shape, and second one is for this week's one. I made a little bit of negative curve for the heal portion. This is a bit beautiful for me. I also installed a semi raised neck shim above 14th fret. Now, the MD making is completed, and the last step is a sanding work, and then I will start finishing process.
     For the Nylon model, I finished the neck shaping work. This neck has a V-joint between the neck and the head. I made a Diamond volute at the v-joint. Martin D-28 has the diamond volute; however, D-28's volute is a faked one. Only v-joint neck is able to make the diamond volute. I did a drilling work for the slotted head. This unique neck head design requires an individual machine head drilling. I created an individual drilling jig for this unique neck making. Now, the nylon model is also ready for the final sanding session.




No comments:

Post a Comment