Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bridge Making

While waiting the final coat curing, I made bridges for MD and nylon model. MD employed Madagascar RW, and Nylon model employed Brazilian RW. Nylon bridge is made from three-piece configuration due to the material size limitation. Both of bridges have 28-grams of wait. My bridges are always less than 28-grams. I do not like heavier bridge, for my tonal preference. So, I almost have never used Ebony bridges. My bridges are finished by couple of coats of Shellac including a pumice pore filling process. Last three photos show design matching between bridge and the body. For me, both MD and nylon model have excellent design matching including color. Next week, I will have final sanding and polishing sessions.








No comments:

Post a Comment