Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Neck Joint

I did neck and body mortise making for the neck joint. I did for SSJ, MD, and Nylon models. I have been using mortise joint from previous guitar making lot. All joint methods such as bolt on joint, dovetail joint, and mortise joint have advantage and disadvantage. I tested all three methods. My vest choice is the mortise joint at this moment. Mortise joint is able to fit very well with shortest working time. Also mortise joint has lightest weight. Mortise joint is able to install carbon fiber rods all the way from nut to sound hole. This neck to body through carbon fiber rods reinforcement makes super stable guitar construction. Therefore, the mortise neck joint with carbon-fiber reinforcement method realizes almost neck reset free guitar.



No comments:

Post a Comment