Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Body making complete

SSJ body making is completed. SSJ body has the completed beveled armrest. This armrest is made by 1.5mm Maccaser Ebony. For the beveled armrest, other makers usually use a very thin (0.6mm) veneer for easy bending and gluing. However, the armrest portion is part of a binding. Binding has two functions. One is for protecting the guitar edge, the other is for tightening the guitar edge as the rim of a drum. Therefore, I have been using fairly thick veneer material (1.5mm), even thought the bending and gluing processes are very difficult. After install the thick beveled armrest, the body showed substantially long tap torn. This is a very good sign for creating nice sound from this body construction.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at M/A-COM in Lowell. I have been following your blog since it was published in Airwaves last month regularly. Your guitars are stunning to say the least and your blog is in my opinion the best thing on the web. I own a Martin 6 string and a Yamaha 12 string. Although they are both fine guitars I am wondering how they would compare to one of yours. I'm sure they were not made with the same amount of passion and skill. If you are ever in the Lowell HQs. please look me up. Will you be at the engineers conferance this year? It would be a pleasure to meet you. I noticed in one blog you needed a friend so to speak to be able to showcase your guitars at a show. How did you make out?

    ReplyDelete