Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, March 28, 2021

Set-up part 1

      Finishing work is done. I am doing a set-up work. First step was the bridge install. I have been using the vacuum clumping system. This system enables to install a bridge with minimum failure. My bridge design has super thin edges to minimize weight. Conventional clumping technique does not work for my bridge design. Conventional method is not able to press super thin edges nicely. However, the vacuum clump is able to apply holding forces evenly with the rubber membrane.

     While weighting the bridge glue set, I did fretting work. For the fretting work, side portion needs to be protected by a plastic tape. Then, the fingerboard surface is also protected by the masking tape. Fret wires were painted with a maker, and then fret wired were filed for the leveling. After the leveling work was completed, re-crowning work has been done. Fret edges were also filed to make smooth edges. Then, I applied the boiled linseed oil to the finger board surface. Boiled linseed oil prevents the finger board clacking issue. I recommend to apply the boiled linseed oil every three year. Bridge pin installation was done. My bridge pins have designated number in it. Bridge pins must not be mixed. Now, nut and saddle making works are on going. Those processes need some adjustment to obtain the best action setting. All of assembly jobs and final adjustment will be done by end of next Sunday.













No comments:

Post a Comment