Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Final coating and bridge making

      Final coating work is done. I sprayed total 9-coats of EM6000 water based acrylic lacquer. I did two sanding sessions in between. First sanding was the 400-grit and the second sanding was the 600-grit. Sanding sessions are not necessary in theory. However, some unwanted debris were happened in the spray session. To make a nice and clean surface, I did two sanding sessions.

     I did one Epoxy filling session for the bridge. Bridge material is a Madagascar RW. After the epoxy filling, I had a sanding session with the 600-grid sanding paper. Then, I applied couple of coats of Shellac. After cure the shellac, I will have 0000 steel wool polishing to make a matt finish.







No comments:

Post a Comment