Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Neck Making Part 3

Neck making has more progress. Neck head veneer for the top and back are installed. I selected Ebony to match the Neck laminate material. Also the top and back veneer makes better re-enforcement for the Vee neck joint. I also took photos with machine head. This time, I will use the Gilbert machine head. For me, this is the best machine head for nylon strings guitarist. This machine realizes super good tuning stability for real processional guitarists. This neck has a 650mm scale African black wood fingerboard. ABW is the best fingerboard material, because ABW is one of the hardest wood species. For me, Ebony is way too soft for the fingerboard application. ABW is very hard to work for the finger board shaping. However, after polishing the ABW, it makes super smooth surface for the best play-ability.






No comments:

Post a Comment