Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Neck Making part 1

     I am making nick for the classic model. I made three neck blanks to select the best design. One neck blanks has the 5-ply configuration that is made from Spanish ceder + African BW + Ceder + ABW + Ceder. The other two necks are seven ply configuration that is made from Ceder + Block died maple veneer + Maple + Ebony + Maple + Black died maple veneer + Ceder. I have been using laminate neck for my guitars, because the laminate neck has the best stability and the best sound quality. My neck has the unique V-joint between the beck blanks and the head. Vee joint requires super precise trimming work. However, this joint makes the best beauty for me.
     I also made three different heads. One head is made from Catarox. Catarox is a super heard material. Other two heads are made from Spanish ceder. I am still thinking witch neck blanks and head combination will use for this Classic project. However, I already decide the neck material, and I will use the seven ply neck.








No comments:

Post a Comment