Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Purfling install

I completed the Purfling install. I also completed binding install on the sound board side. For the purfling install, purfling channels need very detailed hand fitting to make a crispy boarder. Electrical tool is not able to make this much preciseness. So, I have been using the hand cut technique. After, created precise purfing channel, purfling was installed, then binding material was also installed. Binding material is the African BW. African BW is my first choice for the binding. This material has pretty good black color. Also, this material has pretty good working friendliness for precise heat bending. For the binding install, I have been using a rope based clamping technique. This last photo is showing the completed body on the top side. Next week, I might be able to complete the binding install for entire body.




No comments:

Post a Comment