Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Closing Box and Neck making

     The box for the guitar body was closed. Inside of the body was completely sealed with couple of coats of Shellac. I also made a lot of progress for the neck making. This time, I selected Catalox for the slotted neck head. Catalox is a super hard material. However, it makes super smooth finish. I really like very dark purple color. This neck, I will install a matched Brazilian RW head plate veneer to the side and back.
     Now, I am working on the detailed work for the body. I already completed the binding channel cut. I also completed the purfling channel cut. Before cut the purfling channel, I applied a cote of Shellac for protecting a fiber peeling issue from the taping for the binding installation. Top material is quite vulnerable from peeling off fibers using tapes. Next couple of weeks, I will install purfling and binding materials. Those are very time consuming detailed work.





No comments:

Post a Comment