Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Truss rod install and neck shape

I did truss rod install for both the Myrtle and the Negro models. The Myrtle model has a graphite non adjustable truss rod. The negro model has a double action adjustable steel truss rod. The Myrtle model has an offset sound hole, and there is no place to make an access hole for the adjustable truss rod. So, I changed my design to the non adjustable design. For the fingerboard installation, I have been using the rubber shock code for sailing boats.  The shock code makes the best result to make perfect bond between the neck and the fingerboard particularly for the radiused fingerboard installation. Now, I am working on the neck shaping. My neck has 21.5mm thickness at the 1st fret and 23mm thickness at the 10th fret.





No comments:

Post a Comment