Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Closong box and Neck making

Negro body was closed. Before closing the box, I added Graphite filament epoxy laminated patches at cross sections on the lattice brace. This makes the lattice brace more stable and strong with minimum weight increase. Before closing the box, I also applied three coats of shellac for the top and the back. After closing the box, I start making a neck. This is a three piece laminated Maple neck using the V-joint for the head joint. To make square slots for the tuning machines, I cut-out the slot first including the head itself. Then, I glue back to make the square slotted head. The head will be V-jointed to the neck. This maple neck material has pretty nice flames. I will use this neck for the Myrtle body.





No comments:

Post a Comment