Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Center sound hole nylon

     I made a lot of progress for the center sound hole nylon model. I completed the Rosetta and sound hole opening. The sound hole has a Hawaiian Koa trim. This makes a little bit cosmetical accent for my design. Back board thinning and polishing were done. Back bracing material rough cut has been done. This back will have traditional ladder bracing using Spanish Ceder.
    Side material cut, thinning, bend, and lamination were done. Inner laminate material is Yellow ceder as my standard selection. Laminate has been done by Epoxy glue. Laminate process needs fairly large amount of Epoxy, because entire materials must be soaked with Epoxy completely to avoid any gaps and Epoxy voids. Neck and tail blocks are made by Spanish Ceder.
     Basic design of this guitar is quite similar to my offset sound-hole with cut-a-way nylon model. So, this guitar has a cut-a-way design. However, I will make a little bit more traditional taste for this built for visitors of the La Guitarra 2015. So, I will use darker color back and sides (Negro), ladder bracing back, and center sound hole.




No comments:

Post a Comment