Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Truss rod and Finger board install

      I installed truss rods and a finger board. Graphite truss rods are extended over the neck joint to obtain better connection between the neck and the body. I always install a wood cover over the truss rod. Wood cover prevent epoxy contamination to the truss rod thread. Also, the wood cover over the truss rod enables to level the neck surface. This configuration makes a perfect bond between the neck surface and the finger board. I have been using Epoxy for the fingerboard assembly. Unlike the Epoxy, yellow wood glue is the water base, and the water from the glue extends the finger board. As a result, the neck always creates reverse bend (anti bow shape). I want to very precisely control the neck angle and the neck bend to make the lowest possible action setting. To avoid unwanted neck bend, I have been using the Epoxy for the fingerboard install. I also did the fingerboard radiusing for the 20' radius before install fingerboard. 

     Next week, I install fret wire, and then I will have sanding session. Then, this guitar will be ready for the finishing work.









No comments:

Post a Comment