Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Neck install

     I made a neck installation work. This is a mortise joint with two wood dowels. This is the identical method as Erving Somogyi has been using. I had been using the bolt on neck joint. Due to the additional weight penalty, I do not use the bolt on joint any more. I switch over to the mortise joint. Mortise joint is very herd to do the neck re-setting work, if it is required in 30 to 50 years later. However, my guitar has carbon fiber rod bracings inside the guitar body. My guitar do not need the neck re-setting work permanently. 

   Before glue the neck to the body, I will take a neck shaping work and fingerboard radiusing work, Once glue the neck to the body, I need do heal cap install, truss rod channel extension, truss rod install, and fingerboard install. There are many detailed processes to complete the MD making project.








No comments:

Post a Comment