Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Binding install

 I did binding install work. This MD has the Madagascar RW binding. Mad. RW is a very easy material for the bending. As log as it heat enough, the Mad. RW bends like a rubber. However, this material is very herd and strong for protecting the guitar body. Also, this material has relatively few pores. So, the finishing work is also easy. I spend a lot of time for binding channel cleaning and fitting. Also, I spend a lot of time for the binding material bending and fitting. Precise fitting work makes a huge difference for the binding installation quality. Therefore, the binding installation is a very time consuming process. Next step, I will install a scrolled edge at the top of the cut-a-way. I found a nice walnut 1/4" size dowel. This material has nice matched color for the Madagascar RW binding. So, I can make the scrolled edge for the Mad. RW binding.







No comments:

Post a Comment