Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Final sanding and Epoxy Filling

      Final sanding is completed. Finger board is masked with a masking tape. Bridge portion on the top is not masked at this moment. The bridge portion will be masked after the Epoxy application and sanding session. If the masking tape was applied before the Epoxy, the surface flatness is pretty bad, due to the masking tape thickness. Also, I will almost completely remove the Epoxy filler from the spruce top portion. I will not remove the Epoxy filler from the binding and Rosetta portions on the top. So, the masking tape for the bridge should not be applied at this moment. 

     I have been using the System three Epoxy with Silica thickner. I applied a first coat of the Epoxy filler. System three requires approximately 24 hours for the sanding session. I am expecting that this guitar requires three sessions, because this guitar has Brazilian RW, Honduras RW, and Madagascar RW. Those materials are large pored materials. So, I will spend relatively long time for making the foundation for the final coat apply. While waiting the Epoxy filler cured, I will make the bridge.












No comments:

Post a Comment