Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Nylon Top complete

     I finished the top construction for the Nylon model. This is a new bracing pattern loosely derived from Kasha design. My version was created by based on my Kasha style guitar making experiences. This time, I changed body length approximately 1" shorter than original Kasha design. I also added a horizontal bracing at the wast portion to increase the fundamental resonant frequency of the body. This time, I want to make more Spanish guitar like sound. Myrtle wood for the back is also selected for Spanish like sound creation. I finished oval hole making and Hawaiian-Koa Rosetta installation.
     I also finished the gluing process for back ladder bracing for both Nylon and Steel models. Myrtle back has Maple like tap tone, and King wood back has very glassy Brazilian rose wood like tap tone. Two extremely different materials showed very interesting tap tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment