Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bridge install

     I finished the final polishing, bridge install, and nut/saddle making for the MD model. Bridge material is Madagascar rosewood. I have been using vacuum clumping technique for the bridge install. This method is able to minimize a bridge slipping issue when glue the bridge. Also, this technique is able to apply tons of clumping pressure for entire bridge surface. Glue is also able to cure pretty quickly in the vacuum environment. So. vacuum clumping technique makes my job so easy.
     This guitar finished final polishing. Now, you may see pretty shiny body. Premium grade of Brazilian RW back and sides are amazingly beautiful. I was so impressed the quality of Target water-base acrylic finish. I have never made this quality of finishing from the water based acrylic. I am quite sure that I do not need highly toxic Nitro-cellulose finishing any more. Finishing quality is almost identical to the nitro finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment