Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, April 15, 2012

MD and Nylon

I started new projects for MD and new Kasha style nylon model.
     MD model, I installed spoiled Tamarind Rosetta. Tamarind is a tree from tropical Africa. The tamarind tree produces edible, pod-like fruit which are commonly used in cuisines around the world. This wood has been commonly used for wood workings. Spoiled Tamarind has quite beautiful patterns. I also installed a bridge plate using the Amazon rosewood.
     Both tops for MD and Nylon have been done the thickness gradation process. I have been using a heavily tapered top. MD has 2.7mm thickness at bridge and 2.3mm at edge. Nylon has 2.6mm thickness at bridge and 1.8mm thickness at thinnest points. I use a block plane first, for rough thinning, and then use a random orbit sander for smoothing. I also installed a bridge plate and a sound hole support for the nylon model.


No comments:

Post a Comment