Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, April 8, 2012

MD and SSJ completed

It has been more than 6 month to complete MD and SSJ projects. Finally, I completed both guitars this week-end. MD showed excellent sound quality as a perfect recording guitar. MD has strong over tones in middle range with crystal clear treble, as well as tightly controlled bass. This sound character is what I wanted to create for a recording guitar. For the SSJ, I tested as 6-strings guitar first. This guitar showed much stringer bass due to the body size. This guitar still has excellent middle range overtones, and crystal clear treble. Once I put additional six strings on the SSJ, this guitar showed typical 12-strings guitar sound. Both guitars are quite loud. Particularly, MD showed very loud voice due to the side ports.

3 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful!!! Are you going to ship the MD out to the owner?
    By the way, the SSJ seems more like a Jumbo to me. I believe it would also make a great Jumbo if you construct it as a 6-string.

    Jene

    ReplyDelete
  2. MD was shiped to a new owner in Texas. SSJ has the same body size of Gibson J-185 model which has 16" of widest body width. I tested the SSJ with six strings setup. It showed much stringer bass than MD model with excellent middle and treble. I am quite sure that 6-strings SSJ will be a good finger style player's choice.
    Kohei

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I know the waist width? Thx.

    ReplyDelete