Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Epoxy Filler apply and Bridge making

     Bridge making for the Brazilian model was completed. This time, I employed a traditional bridge design. Traditional bridge has a simple slot design for the saddle install. My design has a cavity type saddle installing slot. Piezo pick-up requires a coaxial cable hole. Traditional slot design is not able to hold the pick-up saddle solid enough. Also, the L.R. Baggs LB-12 pick-up needs at least 5mm cavity depth to hold piezo pick-up nicely. Shallow slot may damage the LB-12. Therefore, the cavity type saddle install slot is required.
     I also completed Epoxy pore filling process for the completed guitar. I did two filling and sanding sessions for the neck, head-plate veneer, sides, and back. Brazilian RW and Mahogany require two Epoxy filling sessions for completely fill pores. Next week, I will have final coats spraying sessions.





No comments:

Post a Comment