Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, November 24, 2013

MD and SSJ complete

Both SSJ 12-strings and MD are completed. I already shipped the 12-strings to the client.

I did side by side comparison between previously made guitars and new African black-wood versions for both SSJ and MD. Both ABW models showed much brighter tonal quality than Brazilian RW or King wood.  Form these experiences, I could say that the ABW has the best tonal quality for the steel-strings guitars. Difference is quite small; however, ABW has an unique sound character. Only ABW makes this kind of brightness and rich over tones. This was my surprisingly interesting experiences. Yes, ABW makes some of the best sound qualities, however, this material gives me a lot of problems and challenges. ABW has so many defects. ABW is super oily and very herd to drum sand. ABW is brittle. ABW is heavy. ABW is very expensive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment