Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Side laminate

     This week, I have done side laminate works. Laminating side is a fairly common technique both nylon and steel strings guitars these days. My method has nothing new techniques. For me, side should be as hard as possible with minimum weight increase. Using material for side does not have strong influence for creating sound. I could use a spruce for side. However, side material should be a matched material with the back. This is a traditional design standard. Laminating material also does not matter for producing sound character. I usually use darker colored laminate material for lighter colored outer material. This time, I used Pau ferro for Myrtle wood, and Maple for King wood. Side laminate technique is also able to improve material flatness and stability. I am able to minimize a sanding session after the body assembly. Laminated side also does not need to install clack preventing ribs.
     Next step is solid lining and block making. Then, I am able to assemble the body.




No comments:

Post a Comment