Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Saturday, September 10, 2022

Replacing the top for Balsa Carbon Epoxy composite

 I replaced the top for my old Jazz nylon model. I also modified the neck joint to the bolt-on and sloped neck joint. The old top was the spruce based 5x5 reversed scalloped bracing. This guitar has an offset sound hole that made strong buss, and the sound balance was not good. Although, the old design had nice sound quality when it was plugged, I wanted to make nice acoustic sound. So, I removed the neck and the sound board from my old Jazz Nylon model and replaced to a new sound board. I made a new sound board from a Port Orford cedar using carbon Epoxy laminated 10x10 lattice bracing. I re-placed all bindings, because I wanted install a black trim between the binding and the body. I also changed the neck joint design to the bolt-on and the sloped neck. Sloped neck does not glued to the top. The neck extension from the 12-th fret is floating from the top for the best sound board movement. In this design, I used the standard sound hole location. I also changed the bridge to the standard classical guitar design using the Brazilian RW. The upgraded guitar is completed, and I will report the sound quality in my next update.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment