Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Jazz Nylon design update complete

 Jazz nylon design update is complete. Now, my Jazz nylon model is ver. 2. Neck is jointed to the body using one screw. Neck has the sloped design, and is completely isolated from the sound board. So the sound board has the maximum vibration freedom. To maintain the sound crispiness at the high position above 12th fret, I installed two graphite rods under the finger board. The sound board has 10x10 balsa carbon fiber Epoxy laminate lattice bracing. This guitar created nice crispy sound with a lot of over tones. Plane nylon strings showed nice over tones. 3rd strings is the most difficult strings to generate over tones. Balsa Epoxy composite lattice bracing works the best for me at this moment. I thinned the top thickness more than half of my previous design. So, the top thickness is super thin. I cannot tell the number. However, I have a robustness concerns for this guitar. Therefore, I made my own guitar, and I am not deliver this design at least one year of use. I am very excited about this guitar's sound quality. It is heard to wait to see my customer's reactions at the California international guitar festival. The festival will be at the Sun Luis Obispo. I have my guitar exhibition at the show.



Top: Port Orforf Cedar with 10x10 balsa carbon fiber Epoxy laminated lattice bracing.

Neck : Spanish cedar with two graphite rods, and 12th fret joint

Neck width: 48mm at nut and 60mm at 12th fret

Tuning machine: Schertler Black

Finger board: Brazilian RW, 650mm scale

Head plate veneer: Cocobolo

Neck and head joint: Vee joint

Bridge: Brazilian rose wood, 12 hole design

Body shape: Ramirez shape with Florentine cut-a-way

Body: Amazon Rosewood

Rosetta: King wood and Hawaiian Koa trim

Binding: Flamed Hawaiian Koa

Nut and saddle: Cow born

Arm rest: Flamed maple with black dye










2 comments:

  1. I'd like to test it and hear it in person. Please let me know after you return from the festival. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me email. fujii.guitars@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete