Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Wet sanding, Polishing, and Bridge install

      2000-grit wet sanding and polishing works are done. I take only one 2000-grid wet sanding session after the final coat of the EM6000. 2000-grid wet sanding requires a little bit longer sanding time to make a perfect smoothness. However, this method makes the best polishing quality, due to the smallest possible sanding scratches. If I use the 1200-grid session, the following 2000-grid session is not able to remove the 1200-grid scratches easily. Therefore, I only have one 2000-grid session after the final coat spray. 

     I also completed the bridge installation. I have been using the Tight bond for the bridge gluing. I also have been using the vacuum clump for the bridge clamping. First clumping is approximately 7-minits. Then, I clean the excess glue using a wetted cotton fabric. I also remove the masking tape at the bridge portion. So, I can clean the surface near the bridge edges. Then, I resume the vacuum clumping additionally half hour. This bridge assembly process is the best for me.








No comments:

Post a Comment