Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Purfling and Binding

     This week, I made purfling and binding. For the binding, I will use Ebony for the MD and Bocote for the Nylon model. I bend binding and related black-white laminate together using the bending machine. I put binding materials inside an aluminum foil with a little bit of moisture for preventing brittle during bending process.
     For purfling. I have been using withe (maple) - Brazilian RW - white - Black combination. After bend the Brazilian RW using the bending machine, I laminate all materials using a laminate mold. You may see completed binding and purfling.
      Next step is installing those materials in the guitar body. The body needs very precise channels for seamlessly accommodate those materials. This is a time consuming process.


No comments:

Post a Comment