Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Closed a box for MD

     MD body was closed this weekend. I added a beveled armrest for the MD model. A beveled lining was cut from a Mahogany piece, and then it glued to the side. Then, I made channels for top and back bracing. I always attach the back first, because I am able to clean-up excess glue. Then, splayed two cotes of nitro-cellulose. I use a spray technique for the internal back coating, because the King wood has a lot of reddish stain. This stain contaminates all over the backs, and it ends up with very messy appearance. After I closed the box, I trimmed the beveled armrest portion. Now, the MD body has the nice beveled armrest.
     Next week, I will work with a neck blanks making. Neck blanks need couple of weeks for stabilizing after a lamination work. I have been managing fairly effective building schedule for my guitar making projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment