Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Beveled armrest and neck install

 Veneer for the Beveled armrest section was installed. This is the last piece of the binding. Veneer is an 1mm thickness of Cocoboro. After installed the veneer, I took a rough sanding session for entire body. Detailed sanding session will be done after complete the neck joint and fingerboard installation. I also have done the neck joint work. I have not done the detailed fitting work for the neck joint. I just cut a channel for the mortise joint. I also cut a mortise for the neck. I have been using a mortise cut jig for both the body and the neck. This jib enables to precisely cut for the desired neck angle.  

Next week, I will take a precise neck joint fitting and the neck install. Then, I will take the neck shaping work.









No comments:

Post a Comment