Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Top bracing work

I did top bracing work for the custom MD project. Bracing work starts from the bridge plate install. I picked a Brazilian RW for the bridge plate. All bracing wood are curved for 30' radios for the top doming. I have been using a custom vacuum clumping system for the bracing wood gluing process. Vacuum clumping technique is able to avoid glue voids, because air is sucked out, and it makes solid joints between brace wood and the sound board. Some people believe that the animal glue makes good sound. I do not believe the glue material has an effect for improving sound. I believe the perfect glue joint is more important than using glue material. It is very heard to use animal glue for vacuum clumping, because the animal glue set way too first. Thai is why I have been using the Yellow wood glue for my vacuum clumping system.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment