Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Back joint and center strip install

 The Custom MD uses Honduran Rose Wood for back and sides. This material has very nice quarter sawn cut. I joint the back, and then I installed the back strip and Black-white border. I do not sandwich the back center strip that some guitar makers sandwiches. I make a channel and then install the center strip in the channel. This makes much better back joint stability. Back strip material is Madagascar RW that has much darker color than Indian RW. I also added BW border to make nice color contrast. 

I also cut a laminate material for sides. I have been using Yellow cedar for the laminated side. Yellow cedar is a light weight material. However, this material has very nice high pitch tap tone. Spanish guitar makers have been using this material for back and sides for replacement of Spanish Cypress. I also use Yellow cedar for solid linings. Next week, I will have side bending and laminate work.








No comments:

Post a Comment