Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sanding work complete

SSJ Final sanding work is done. After completed the sanding work, the top showed the perfect silk pattern. Silk pattern only appears the spruce top material that has the perfect quatersawn cut. I have never seen this much perfect silk pattern. I purchased this top approximately 5-years ago from a Canadian wood supplier who is specializing the Lutz spruce. Lutz spruce is a naturally hybridized material between Sitka and Englmann. After completed the sanding, this guitar shows the very promising tapping tone. Next week, I will apply Epoxy filler, and then I will take sanding sessions. I need two filling and sanding sessions for the Black wood body with the Spanish Ceder neck.




No comments:

Post a Comment