Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Top making

I did top assembly for two MDs and SSJ model. Both models have similar bracing pattern. SSJ model has slightly thicker top board thickness for 12-strings design. I shape bracing material before glue the top. I have been using the vacuum clumping technique. This technique enables to assemble pre-shaped bracing materials. I like the brace shape before top assembly, because I am able to precisely shape the brace without damaging top. Bracing shape after assemble has higher risk of mistakenly shape the top itself. Vacuum clumping is also accelerate glue curing time. 20minits is more than enough for the clumping. In vacuum environment, water based glued cures very quickly.
Actuary, I finished side thinning and back joint. I will post those progress next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment