Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, March 18, 2012

New model design

While I am waiting to get final coats for curing, I am designing a new Nylon model. My design goal is to make a recording model for studio works. This model has less bass compared with my existing Kasha model. I will use similar Bracing system as my modified Kasha model. As you can see a picture shown below. Right is a mold for Kasha model, and Left is a mold for Jose Ramirez model. This time, I will make a Nylon model which has a Ramirez size with Kasha bracing system with cut-a-way body design. This guitar also has a floating armrest. This is not the Ryan style beveled design, because Nylon model need to isolate your right arm from the top.


Using material is Oregon Myrtle for Back and sides. Top is a German spruce. This time, I will use spruce for the side laminating material to minimize gaining weigh. This photo shows the Myrtle B&S set. This material has amazing flame and some birds eyes. I have a reliable local Myrtle source in South Oregon.
I will make an MD model parallel with the new Nylon model project. I will use the King's wood (Camatillo Rose wood) fro B&S. I already finished back joint and thickness sanding for B&S. King's wood has pretty good glassy tap-tone. Tap-tone is almost identical to the Brazilian RW. This material is slightly heavier than Brazilian. So, I made much thinner back and sides. Top material is the Carpatian spruce. Carpatian is a read spruce, and very similar to German spruce with slightly wider grain spacing. I really like this material for steel strings models. Right one in the photo shown in bottom is German top for my new Nylon model.

No comments:

Post a Comment