Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Final coat apply

I applied final coats for the MD and SSJ models. Both bodies and necks are coated by Water-base acrylic lacquer. I have been using the Target Emtech 7000 clear gloss water-base acrylic lacquer, because this material is non-toxic and non-flammable. Nitrocellulose lacquer is much easier to splay to get thick coats fairly quickly without generating sagging issues. Water base lacquer has way less viscosity for applying compared with nitrocellulose. So, I needed to apply five coats/day at 1-hour intervals. I spend two days to apply total nine coats. To obtain clear and even finishing surface, water base lacquer requires fairly sensitive control for air pressure, distance, and moving speed. I have enough experiences to obtain nice finishing quality. Those are photographs for finished guitars. It will take 14-days to start final polishing and buffing sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment