Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Neck making and joint to the body

 I have been in Japan for my vacation during the Christmas holydays. OO project has been slowly progressing after back from my vacation. I completed the binding install for the body. Now, the body constriction is done. Neck making also has a good progress. Truss rod channels are cut, and the truss rod is also installed. Two more additional cannels are for the carbon fiber rods. Carbon fiber rods will be installed after complete the neck fitting. This neck has the Madagascar RW front side veneer, and the Katalox back side veneer. This neck has the truss rod access hole at the head, because of the sloped neck design. There is no space for the truss rod access from the neck bottom. Finger board material is the Indian ebony. Indian ebony is much herder than African ebony. Although the color is not the jet black as the African Ebony, I really like the much herder Indian Ebony. This material makes really robust fingerboard. I also cut the mortise joint slot to the body. I also completed the mortise slot cut for the neck. I still need fine adjustment and fitting works for the neck joint. The neck fitting work is the time consuming process. However, this is the most important process to make a comfortable action setting.















No comments:

Post a Comment