Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Monday, July 4, 2022

Lattice Nylon filling work starts

 Lattice nylon project moved to the Epoxy filling work. Before move to the filling work, I completed a bridge and an armrest making. Armrest is made by a Maple with black dye. This time, I increased the thickness from 6.5mm to 8mm to make more slope. This is for improving the playability. Bridge is made by the Brazilian RW. The bridge is a standard classical guitar design with thickness of 7.5mm for the saddle, and 8.5mm for the string holder. My bridge is using the 12-hole design for the best strings angle to the saddle. I also did a very detailed sanding work for removing all scratches. Filling work for this guitar is relatively easy, because of the bolt on neck joint design. Neck and body were individually filled with System-3 epoxy and silica thickener. I will have two more filling and sanding sessions before go to the spraying session.













No comments:

Post a Comment