Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sound board rework

      I re-worked the sound board bracing. I did not have good confidence about the first version of the lattice bracing. Therefore, I removed the bracing from the sound board. Then, I changed the board thickness profile to 1.4mm at the bridge portion with 1mm at edges. So, the sound board has ultimately thin profile now. I applied 9x9 balsa lattice which has quite similar design as the Greg Smallmann design. At the bridge portion, the balsa lattice has extra carbon fiber laminate to make quite ridged configuration. At the sound board edges, there are approximately 1" long epoxy carbon fiber re-enforcements. In this section, sound board thickness is only 1mm. So the epoxy carbon re-enforcement must be applied. 

     I also completed the back bracing. The back has 5x5 Sitka spruce lattice. All lattice edges are implanted in to the solid lining. So the back is extremely ridged. Although there is no picture, I already closed the box. You can see a bird cage like carbon fiber rod flame. This flame makes very strong body rigidness at the sound board side. Also, this carbon rod is able to prevent the long time body de-formation from the strings forces. 

     This guitar will use the sloped neck with bolt on joint. I will add a beveled edge at the neck joint. A combination between the sloped neck and the beveled edge, high position playability must be quite good.









No comments:

Post a Comment