Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Closing Box

      SSJ body is closed. Before closing the body, I applied three coats of shellac in side the body. Shellac coat improves the moisture resistance against environment change. For the top, I did final scalloping for the top bracing. Then, I applied three coats of shellac inside the top. After closing the top, I trimmed out over laps on the top and the back. I also shaped the beveled armrest portion. Now, the body is ready for the binding work.

      I did tapping test for the body. This body showed a slightly tight tap tone. Generally speaking, SSJ body shows tighter tap tone than MD body. This is due to the tight waste shape. I will take a little bit aggressive thinning on the top when it complete the binding installation. This process will be the final tuning for obtaining the desired tone. Before the binding work, I will make neck blanks and fingerboard.







No comments:

Post a Comment