Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Side laminate

 I have done the side laminate wok. I have been using Yellow cedar for the inner laminate material. After finish the bending work for side materials, I glue side materials using the custom mold. This time, I used the Gorilla glue. I have been using the Epoxy for the side laminate work. However, I discovered that the Epoxy does not show good enough bonding quality between wood material. Epoxy works very goof between Carbon fiber and wood. Tight bond is the best material for me. However, the Tight bond is way too first for the glue setting time. I do not have enough time for the clumping work if I use the Tight bond. Gorilla glue is the the closest glue to the Animal glue according to my guitar making mentor of Late Taku Sakashita. So, I back to Gorilla glue for the side laminate work.  








1 comment:

  1. Kohei,

    Are you doing a three piece side or two piece? One of my coworkers has one or two of your guitars that I've played and I quite like the aroma of the inside of the guitar. After you've bent on your Fox bender, do you touch up the sides with a pipe to get the pieces to fit perfectly before gluing?

    Cheers,
    Charlton

    ReplyDelete