Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Monday, February 15, 2016

Neck shaping

 Brazilian Nylon model completed fret wire install and neck shaping. Before install fret wires, the finger board needs a final shaping to make the neck angle adjustment. Them, the finger board needed final sanding from 150, 220, 400, 600, and 1000 grit. Then, I installed fret wires. After finishing the fret wire install, I did the neck shaping. This time, I made a low profile neck shape that has 21.5mm at 0-fret and 22.5mm at 10th fret. I also made more aggressive shaping in neck edges to make easy playing. Although this neck has a pretty thin profile, this neck is very strong and stable against string tension. This neck already installed two graphite re-enforcement rods from the head to finger board end. Next week, I will take a final sanding and armrest making.





No comments:

Post a Comment