Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Back lattice brace and Rosetta re-work

     I completed back lattice bracing install. Spanish ceder is used for the lattice bracing. You may see that the back has very nice R=12' radius. I have been using the lattice bracing for my offset sound hole Jazz nylon model for a contemporary design taste.
     I did a re-work for the Rosetta. I installed an African black wood based Rosetta for this project couple of weeks ago. I was not completely happy with the result for the simple African black wood Rosetta. I will use a Yellow staining for the top. I wanted have a crispy color contrast that works well with the Yellow stain. So, I removed the previous Rosetta, and then re-installed a different design. This time, I installed Black-white-black trim. Inner black border has a 0.3mm thickness. White is a 0.6mm maple. Outer black is a 2mm thickness black died Maple. White and black combination made a very nice and crispy color contrast. I am very happy with the quality for the completed Rosetta.





No comments:

Post a Comment