Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Filler apply and Arm rest making

     Filler apply is started. I have been using an Epoxy with Silica powder mix as a pour filler. This works pretty good for Water based Acyclic finish. Epoxy filler is also very easy for sanding. I still need approximately 4 hours for one sanding session before final coat apply. However, it is relatively short compared with conventional filling process using classic sanding sealer and filler combination. After apply the Epoxy filler, the body and the neck show beautiful flames. Myrtle body and Maple neck are amazingly beautiful already.
     I also completed the arm rest making. The arm rest is made by flamed maple. My arm rest has a floating design that is mechanically isolated from the top. This design maximizes the top vibration. I will black die the Maple arm-rest before final coats apply.





No comments:

Post a Comment