Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Saturday, January 3, 2015

V-joint Neck with square slots is my signature design

V-joint neck with square slots are very unique design. My nylon model has a Jazz guitar like head design with curved square slots. Usually, machine heads (tuning machines) are three integrated design for Nylon strings guitars. Therefore, all nylon strings guitars have non curved slots until today. I wanted make a Jazz guitar like head with curved slots. I found individual tuning machines with very small foot print that is compatible with the standard 15mm post-to-post distance. Then, I designed segmented outline to make the curved layout. I also realized a square slot design. To make the square slot that requires complicated slot cutting works, I have to make the head individually from the neck. Therefore, I introduced the v-joint technique. V-joint required super precise alignment between the head and the neck to make a seamless joint as you can see #4 photo. With spending extra time for shaping, alignment and gluing, the completed neck is very unique and beautiful. Nobody-else has ever realized this unique Jazz guitar inspired slotted head design. I am very proud of my unique head design. Unique guitar head design is the guitar maker's signature. My head design is the curved square slots.





No comments:

Post a Comment