Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, January 26, 2014

SSJ Top and Back complete

Top and back assembly for the SSJ model is completed. I did cross section shaping for the back to minimize weight. I will trim the brace high at edge portion a little more when I install the back to the body. For the top, I increased X-bracing opening angle from 88-frgree to 93-degree. Original Taku's bracing pattern has shown good results from last two SSJ built. I do not want to change a lot. However, I want to slightly increase overtones for bass-E string. Therefore, I increased the X-opening slightly. I will also change the scalloping pattern for bass side. Taku's original scalloping pattern is asymmetrical. He on-purposely reduced scalloping on buss side to reduce overtone generation. I will increase the scalloping on buss side to increase overtones.



No comments:

Post a Comment