Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nylon Model Complete

This week, I completed the Nylon model. This guitar has about 2" smaller body size compared with the predecessor shown in the 3rd photo. Purpose of shrinking the body size is to obtain more quick response, and less strong bus for Jazz musicians. This guitar showed very similar sound character as the full size version. Difference is simply just a little bit quiet. Other than that, new mini version has very similar results. I was a little bit surprised from this results. From this experience, I have gotten a conclusion that as long as a guitar has same bracing patter, guitar creates similar sound character.
Another difference for this nylon model is material. This guitar has Oregon Myrtle side and back. Myrtle created shorter sustain. This sound character is suitable for Jazz music. I designed this model as a platform for installing a pick-up system. I will install electrical pick-up system soon. I will report once I got an electrical version of this guitar.





No comments:

Post a Comment